There are lots of reasons why we might start struggling with our mental health. These can include:
- difficult things going on in your life
- life experiences, such as trauma, violence or abuse
- physical health problems
- pressure at school, work, or about money
- difficult relationships with partners, family or friends
- family history of mental health problems
- Preparing for your upcoming exams - here is some information to help you prepare for upcoming exams.
- Student stress - here is some information and support if you are feeling stressed about University.
- Loosing someone important to you - bereavement support, how you're feeling and how to look after yourself.
Often it isn’t just one of these things and sometimes there is no obvious cause. Whatever the reasons you might be struggling it’s important to remember that it isn’t your fault and that things can get better.
Life affects us all differently. No one is the same. That’s why the right mental health support will look different to different people. What works for one person might be not work the same for you, and that’s ok.